Another set of developers liked CakePHP and they prefer to stay with this solid web app. CakePHP is one of the most well-known frameworks for PHP development. CakePHP considerably decreases development costs and also helps you as developers write very less code. This blog will walk you through the Cake framework and its hot features which caught my eye at the first sight of it.
As you know, CakePHP is an open source development framework for developing, maintaining and deploying web applications. It is designed using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural paradigm. This renowned design pattern provides you with an organized framework that enables to develop a complete web application at all the levels. CakePHP is released under MIT license.
There are few basic features:
- Cool Application Scaffolding – a way to stage the development
- Compatible with PHP 4 and PHP 5
- Easy and simple to understand
- Comfortable for both seasoned programmer as well as a beginner
- Simple yet widespread validation of model data
- Code Generation through Bake for automatic code generation
There are more specific features which will make you take a look at:
- Flexible caching to speed up your application
- HTTP Authentication through Security Component
- Powerful flexible data validation features
- Use of Ajax will be a cakewalk
- Full console environment supporting multi tasks
- Router for mapping URL’s (friendly URLs)
Well, it’s not that often you get something which is so easier for the user to interface with the database. The above-mentioned features are only a part of the wonderful framework. You can actually know about CakePHP and enjoy its features once you get going.