As a Web Marketing professional, I was attracted by Two books during last week. One is on Marketing – this is for every business in the market and one is for the Internet marketing. Both are from the same author(s). The first book is The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing and the second one is The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding. The Amazon links are in the bottom, and if you are in (internet) marketing professional, I am sure they are great books which you must read and own. This blog entry is just to introduce you those laws, and not a book review. The laws will ignite some thoughts and
I have just given those laws, But in the book they are dealt in detail.
22 Immutable Laws of Marketing:
1. It is better to be first than it is to be better.
2. If you can’t be first in a category, set up a new category you can be first in.
3. It is better to be first in the mind than to be first in the marketplace.
4. Marketing is not a battle of products, it’s a battle of perceptions.
5. The most powerful concept in marketing is owning a word in the prospect’s mind.
6. Two companies cannot own the same word in the prospect’s mind.
7. The strategy to use depends on which rung you occupy on the ladder.
8. In the long run, every market becomes a two horse race.
9. If you are shooting for second place, your strategy is determined by the leader.
10. Over time, a category will divide and become two or more categories.
11. Marketing effects take place over an extended period of time.
12. There is an irresistible pressure to extend the equity of the brand.
13. You have to give up something to get something.
14. For every attribute, there is an opposite, effective attribute.
15. When you admit a negative, the prospect will give you a positive.
16. In each situation, only one move will produce substantial results.
17. Unless you write your competitor’s plans, you can’t predict the future.
18. Success often leads to arrogance, and arrogance to failure.
19. Failure is to be expected and accepted.
20. The situation is often the opposite of the way it appears in the press.
21. Successful programs are not built on fads, they’re built on trends.
22. Without adequate funding, an idea won’t get off the ground.
The 11 Immutable Laws of Internet Branding
- The Internet can be a business or a medium for your brand, but not both.
- Interactivity is the single most important ingredient of any Internet site.
- The kiss of death for an Internet brand is a common name.
- Being second in a category is tantamount to being nowhere.
- You have to be fast. You have to be first. You have to be focused.
- Everyone is talking about convergence while just the opposite is happening.
- Build a brand that will dominate a category over an extended period of time.
- Find a proper name (instead of a common one) for your Website.
- Take your brand into the global marketplace.
- Avoid the biggest mistake in Internet branding: the belief that you can do everything.
- Take advantage of the transformations that will occur in all aspects of life, thanks to the power of the Internet.
Also feel free to download our Practical SEO Techniques EBook