Our developers first choice was Zend, reasons? Zend Framework is an uncomplicated, straightforward, open-source software framework for PHP 5. Its flexible design allows you to build interactive web applications and services with ease. One of the major highlights is the Model-View-Controller (MVC), which makes the code reusable and trouble-free to maintain.
MVC is nothing but an architectural blueprint used by software engineering. As a developer, you would wish to separate data and user interface. This enables you as a developer to make changes to the user interface without disturbing data handling and rearrange data without making any changes to the UI.
There were few positives which I came across and would like to share it with you:
- Easy to deploy and simple maintenance.
- You don’t have to make use of the entire package, instead, pick and choose bits, and plug it together to get a complete product to suit your requirements.
- It supports you in a higher yet simple solutions in developing PHP 5 web applications for an international audience.
- Zend Framework is completely object-oriented and very easy to enlarge and improve.
- Configuration files are not essential for up and running.
All in all, if you’re looking for a “face-lift” to PHP, Zend Framework provides you with powerful solutions for building a safe and robust website.